We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and maintain robust physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care.
In handling your personal information, Peteros Place will comply with the Privacy Act 1998.
1. What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about a natural person whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information may be described as when we ask you to disclose any medical issues or conditions that may be of relevance to your booking.
2. How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about accommodation or other products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information.
Other organizations may also provide us with your information in order to allow us to facilitate the provision of a product and/or service of ours.
3. Why do we collect personal information?
Peteros Place collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing you, or an entity with which you are connected, with travel advice, travel products and associated services;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- developing and facilitating a business relationship with you or an entity with which you are connected; and
- identifying and informing you of services that may be of interest to you.
4. What personal information do we collect?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings to provide travel services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, passport details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. In order for us to provide the services you request, you consent to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
5. How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information only to provide you with accommodation and travel related products and/or services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- internal accounting and administration
6. Is the information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities;
- to third parties such as hotels and other accommodation providers and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example to facilitate and process your accommodation arrangements; and
The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use. For more information, see the heading above, titled “When we act as agent”.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
7. Security of information
Peteros Place has implemented stringent physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Peteros Place regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
8. Access and correction of personal information
Peteros Place takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Peteros Place. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Peteros Place holds about you, or you would like more information on Peteros Place’s approach to privacy, please contact us via the contact details set out in Section 9 of this Policy.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Peteros Place requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
If Peteros Place refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Peteros Place will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Peteros Place will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Peteros Place.
Peteros Place will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
9. How to contact us
For further information, feedback or enquiries regarding the Policy, or to access your personal information, please contact Peteros Place by:
Emailing Matilda at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Changes to our Policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
11. About Our Website
11.1. When You Visit Our Website
If you visit Peteros Place website to browse, read or download information, our system will log these movements. These web site logs are not personally identifiable and Peteros Place makes no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site.
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc.
This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
11.3. Linked Sites